G3 Youth HousingScope of Consultancy: Team development through innovative staff conference
Rooftop is a group of four housing associations that provide a range of housing solutions to meet the needs of communities across the West Midlands, sharing a single set of values and objectives. G3 as part of the group offer support for young people aged between 16 and 25, providing specialist housing, support and advice, as well as opportunities for development and learning, with the aim of enabling young people to lead an independent life. Each year G3 organise a staff conference and look to make the event as special as possible and in particular different from the previous year.
- Charlton Associates were engaged by G3 to organise and facilitate an ‘innovative, interesting and different’ staff conference for all of their 40+ staff.
- The conference was held at the Model Village in Lydney (http://www.forest-model-village.co.uk) with all activities taking place outdoors
- As well as the standard professional development sessions led by senior staff there were sessions on Coping with Stress led by a Yoga teacher, a singing workshop and a craft workshop.
- The response to the day was very positive with an overall satisfaction rating of 88%. People clearly enjoyed the event and seven out of eight sessions scored above 70%.
- The most rewarding part of the day was the aspect of working together, particularly in the singing workshop, but encompassed the day overall.
- The singing session was most frequently identified as the most rewarding and achieved a rating of 92%.
Feedback from participants
‘Fun, informative, therapeutic, positive’
‘Everyone joined as a team’
‘Brilliant teamwork in the singing shows what we can do as an organisation’
‘Absolutely fantastic day’
‘Great day, thank you all’
‘Good fun day, we should do it more’
‘Really enjoyable day’
Don't take our word for it...
Anon - Business Planning Day
Anon - Finance course