All Saints Community Development Company, King's Heath BirminghamScope of Consultancy: Business Review & Planning, Board Restructuring, Recruitment and HR Support
July 2011-March 2012
Charlton Associates were engaged by the All Saints Community Development Project, Birmingham’s newest Community Centre that acts as a focus for spiritual welfare and healthy living for the people of Kings Heath. The centre has transformed this part of the city, reversing the perceived decline of the High Street and its environs and providing much needed safe, accessible and attractive public amenities for the benefit of the whole community.
Following the departure of the previous project manager there was a period of over a year when the centre operated without a paid manager. The Directors divided the management responsibility for the project amongst themselves but the detail and complexity of management tasks meant that vital aspects of the work were not done. Following a review, the Board recognised a number of serious challenges and following an open competitive tender Charlton Associates were appointed.
Charlton Associates were engaged to
- Review the operational needs of ASCDC
- Establish systems to ensure appropriate financial controls are in place
- Review and revise the Governance and Management arrangements
- Ensure appropriate agreements are in place between ASCDC and tenants
- Recruit a General Manager and ensure all staff had up to date appropriate job descriptions
- Write a business and operational plan to ensure the centre is sustainable on a long term basis
- As a result of the consultancy All Saints Church Development Company now has a Three Year Business and Development Plan
- A restructured Board of Directors is in place with three sub-committees serving it thus allowing for more focused work with revised terms of reference for the Board and its sub committees.
- A café Business Plan was written and a new café has now opened
- All Tenants now have up to date leases
- Service Charges have been completely overhauled and a new schedule of charges prepared that has rebalanced and strengthened the economic profile of the organisation.
- A Centre manager has been appointed.
Don't take our word for it...
Anon - Finance course
Anon - Diversity Course